Girls Rock! Grants
Inspire & Achieve created its Girls Rock! Program to give girls particularly those in underserved communities, access to physical activity. Girls Rock! gives girls the confidence they need to become the next generation of healthy and successful leaders.
Girls Rock! grants provide funding for sports/physical activity programs for Girls ages 5-18. These programs must combine athletic instruction with the delivery of the GoGirlGo! Curriculum by qualified adults.
Girls Rock! grants support sports/physical activity programs seeking to add new or expand program participation opportunities for an under-served population, particularly economically disadvantaged girls from populations with high incidences of health-risk behaviors.
Funds requested may be used for athletic equipment, supplies, facility rental, league/tournament fees, travel, coaching, scholarships and/or program administration expenses. Funds may only be used for girls’ sports/physical activity programs.
- Serve girls in the state of Alabama.
- Demonstrate their ability to deliver sports/physical activity programming to girls 5-18 through experienced and committed leadership.
- Deliver a minimum 8-week sports/physical activity program with preference given to organizations working consistently with girls throughout the year.
- Be nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) designation. All grant proposals must be accompanied by a copy of the current IRS determination letter indicating 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
- All GirlsRock! Grant recipients must comply with all of the applicable Federal Civil Rights laws, including the requirements pertaining to developing and submitting an Equal Employment Opportunity Plan (EEOP), reporting Findings of Discrimination, and providing language services to Limited English Proficiency (LEP) persons.
- Commit to implement the GoGirlGo! Curriculum, including completion of the Program Leader Survey. The GoGirlGo! Curriculum may be implemented following receipt of a grant.
There are no deadlines for submitting an electronic Letter of Inquiry. Inspire & Achieve reviews electronic letters of requests on a regular basis, but we ask that you allow up to six weeks for a response.
All grant requests or questions should be emailed to: email@example.com